Friday, October 22, 2010

Paradosiako

I found Paradosiako online before I arrived in Athens through Tripadvisor; since it has universally great reviews and was near the Plaka, I noted it as a place to try and was glad I did.

This is a very casual local eatery on a side street that a tourist would have completely overlooked if not for its international internet reputation. So many Greeks were eating here, that I had to come back twice before I could get a seat at this tiny ten table cafe. I ordered the salad to start and even though it was fresh and perfectly fine, I immediately missed the superb tomatoes of Santorini.

I was drawn to the fried anchovies on the menu, so I ordered them, not expecting this HUGE plate. They were wonderfully crisp, and a bit of lemon juice squeezed on them just made them addictive. I didn't manage to eat the entire plate after eating my salad, but I wanted to....


They offered a complimentary sweet made of honey and nuts, but I was too full to accept, so I paid my bill of 12 Euros ($15) and tried to walk off some of my meal as I meandered through the Plaka.

No comments:

Post a Comment