Thursday, December 16, 2010
Coastal Contacts is doing it again FRIDAY December 17, 2010 (tomorrow) starting at 9am EST (that's 6am here in CA). If you missed their promotion last time for a free pair of prescription glasses, get yours now by either calling or ordering online using the promo code FREE4ALL. It took me about half an hour of trying online before I finally got the glasses I wanted (I paid a few dollars extra for the tint and UV coating), but yes these were FREE, all I paid was about $10 for shipping. I checked out the exact same frames elsewhere and they were selling for about $100. Having already taken advantage of the promo I can not partake again, but I do have a few tips for your who are patient enough to keep calling or keep trying online.
1) Make sure you have your current prescription and if you like your current glasses, have those in front of you so you can choose a similar model. The site has great explanations on what the tiny numbers/letters on the side of your glasses mean and you can have their system automatically pick a similar size/style.
2) Have a good mm ruler so you can measure the distance between your pupils if your prescription does not show that (mine didn't); watch the tutorial on how to get this measurement (with a mirror or a friend).
3) If you also wear contacts, order them at the same time as your glasses and get an additional 10% discount.
4) Go ahead and get all the extras you want, like tints, UV coating, progressives, transitions, or anti-reflective coating because all those prices are 50% off even with this promotion.
5) Share this promotion with anyone who has a current prescription, who has not already taken advantage of this promotion for free glasses before, and who does not live in your household!
6) Most importantly be patient, this is a really good deal which is why everyone is trying to get their free pair, so think of your time as what you are "paying" to get the glasses. I figured for my 30 minutes I got over $100 of value so that's not a bad pay rate; some designer glasses are worth even more (up to about $500) and yes, they are also free!
I got a confirmation email as soon as my shopping cart was processed (it took several tries) and my glasses came with a wonderful hard case, lens cleaner cloth, and a repair kit!
Good eyesight is a gift, but if you need glasses, Coastal Contacts is giving you a great gift!