Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oprah, Randy & Alice



I found the entire Last Lecture (about 1 hour long) and was even more inspired after watching the complete version and learning about Alice. I've been playing with Alice, the FREE educational software program, ever since I watched the video. The program has one version for Middle School, and another for High School to University level students, and can be used on PC and MAC, even in shared environments (like classrooms). It starts with a tutorial that is so user friendly I was able to make two mini animated movies in the first two lessons! If I had this in school when I was younger I would probably be working for Pixar today, instead I am learning how to program just for the fun of it, which is exactly the legacy that Randy Pausch wanted to leave the world.

Now go be like Tigger and have some fun today!

No comments:

Post a Comment