Monday, February 12, 2018

Santa Monica A Drink, A Snack, and Two Donuts

I live near the coastline again, but much further south, so when I am in the vicinity of my old neighborhood, I stop by for some of the local places that are now a trek (24 miles=1+ hour in traffic) from Palos Verdes.

The Independence is just a short block away from the beach, and they have a great Happy Hour. This is where I had my first Paloma, and I must say none I've had since have even come close to the perfectly balanced tart tequila and grapefruit drink I had here. The Happy hour half off price of $6 made it even better :)
I had the oysters, but I would order something else, like the mussels or meatballs at this gastropub next time.
Every so often I crave a great donut....Sidecar is my favorite in Los Angeles, and their gingerbread during the holiday season with powdered sugar stars (which I messed up, sorry) is as beautiful as it is delicious. I'm glad it is seasonal or I might devour one a day (ginger is good for you after all)!

The most dangerous donut is their bacon donut, especially when it is warm....I am not responsible if you eat more than one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment