Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Emeril's New Orleans Fish House

Although I don't like watching his shows, I do love eating at Emeril Lagasse's restaurants, and since I was at the MGM, I chose his New Orleans Fish House as my destination for lunch. The center bar area is stunning, with a backlit bar and windows overlooking the busy retail promenade. I chose the Seafood Pan Roast, made with Pan Roasted Fish Medallions and Blue Shrimp on Seafood Jambalaya with Emeril’s Essence Spiked Butter Sauce and Toasted French Bread $26. The waiter said is was one of the two most ordered dishes and it lived up to its popularity.


The fish was tender mahi mahi and sea bass, the wild shrimp was fresh; the essence spiked butter sauce was a perfectly rich accent to both. I truly appreciate it when a chain of restaurants does not overcook the ingredients and allows the freshness of the food to come through the preparations and this restaurant did both. My portion was very generous and I could barely finish the fish and shrimp, while managing only to taste the fantastic jambalaya (which I took to go), and service was top notch, so I had no sour notes during my entire experience here.

I had no room for dessert since I had a dinner date later, but if I had room, I would have gotten an order of the New Orleans Style Beignets with Powdered Sugar and Coffee Ice Cream
$9. This place is closer than New Orleans, but the tastes are true (as they should be by a chef named restaurant who built his reputation in the Big Easy) and that makes this place a must stop if you have never traveled to NOLA but have a chance to go to Las Vegas.
Emeril's New Orleans Fish House (MGM Grand) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment