Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sashi for Sushi

I had lunch at Sashi in Manahattan Beach right after they opened, but it was time to try them again for dinner with sushi aficionado Cindy. It was a cold night at the beach (50F) with the fog rolling in, but we sat in the (heated) cozy patio and had a great dinner.

Cindy wanted only sushi, but when I saw they had a Miso Grilled Wild Alaskan Sea Bass ($6) on their robata selection, I had to order it. When I bit into the delicate fish I felt as if my mouth had taken a blissful bite of heaven. Cindy agreed that it was the best skewer of fish she had ever eaten.


Cindy ordered the spicy tuna roll ($12), made with avocado and she declared it the best she had ever eaten.


We ordered aji (skipjack), albacore, and tai (red snapper) ($6 per order) and every type of fish was delicate, fresh and delectable.


Cindy ordered the bikini roll with shrimp tempura, asparagus and crabmeat ($16). it was beautiful and tasty, but too rich for either of us to finish.


It's always good to find a restaurant which does a nice lunch also does a nice dinner; it's even nicer to share it with a friend.
Sashi: sushi and sake lounge on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh And I had so much fun, as usual, sharing with you!

    ReplyDelete