Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Maison Richard

Since it was another beautiful 80 degree day in Southern California, I wanted to have lunch outside and the sunny colors of Maison Richard's patio off Melrose beckoned to me. Yes, this is the place that was Michel Richard on Robertson Blvd for 33 years. The new space is bigger, sunnier, and brighter with the yellow sunny color of Provence. There is an adjacent bakery with pastries as beautiful as paintings (and as tasty), and some pates, cheeses, and salamis so you can pack a picnic to go if you are in a hurry.

Since it is still Dine LA week, there was the $16 lunch menu (which I had to ask them to get me), but I opted for the Whitefish with mustard sauce and vegetables. Since house wines were only $5, I asked whether the Rosé was dry or fruity and the waiter gave me a taste so I could decide. My verdict: crisp and fruity, as Rosés from the South of France usually are (and this wine was from the Golfe de St. Tropez) so I nodded yes to a glass, with a smile.


The Whitefish came with a small salad, dressed in a light vinaigrette with tomato, and olive and diced pimentos.


The Whitefish ($14.95) came with julienned zucchini and carrots. The mustard sauce served on the side was very rich and very flavorful, but I added only a small drizzle to my fish to accent the tender filet. The portion was much too big to finish, but I enjoyed every bite. It was wonderful to have a basic French menu to choose from and to have gorgeous pastries to peruse. I have decided that for my next trip to Maison Richard, I will come for dessert, and if I have room, I will consider a light meal after I finish my dessert!




Maison Richard Cafe & French Bakery on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Elaine. Our " Baby" is growing and we like to see you soon.!

    ReplyDelete