Thursday, April 19, 2012

Decadent & Delicious Champagne Truffles

I admit I am an addict; I can not say no to either great champagne or great chocolate.

Last night, the gracious Madame Chocolat (aka Hasty Torres), invited me to her Decadent & Delicious event to introduce her new champagne truffles. Her new milk chocolate truffles are infused with Domaine Carneros Champagne, a winery whose founder, Eileen Crane, thought she knew me from one of my former lives on the East Coast. As women who follow their passions, it is very fitting that they have now combined their talents into a new unique treat for the senses just in time for Mother's Day, the day of celebration for women who create and nurture new lives.


The truffles are dusted with gold glitter which add a very festive note reminiscent of the bubbles in sparkling wine. I'm normally not a milk chocolate fan, but the the smooth creamy 43% Belgian chocolate ganache filled truffle complimented the balanced brut champagne. I ate two in about two seconds and had to move away from the table to restrain myself from eating the entire tray.


Gift boxes with 12 champagne truffles and a bottle of 2007 Domaine Carneros are available for delivery on Mother's Day (or any other day) for only $55 and will begin shipping May 4, 2012, so place your order here now.


It was fun to be behind the counter of the shop for the first time! The new glitter heeled shoe chocolates were also beautiful to behold (they had literally just been finished that day).


The heavy duty machines kept working even though all the guests were drinking and eating chocolate!


There were delicious savory bites catered by Chris Brugler which were not only beautiful to behold but delectable to eat. The Watermelon Feta Mousse Bites with Aged Balsamic was both refreshing and rich with complexity.


The Sesame Encrusted Ahi Tuna Topped with Sweet Chili Avocado Mousse was one of my favorites.


The Sweet Potato Cake with a Black Bean Salsa and Chipolte Aioli was a surprisingly sweet and savory delight with a nice smoky flavor.


My favorite of all the small bites was the aged Prosciutto with Burrata served on Crostini finished with Aged Balsamic. I loved this so much I ate three!


I didn't taste the Black Mission Fig Challah Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onion & Thyme with Brie Cheese, but it looked amazing.


Chris is the Challah King and sells his breads at Nate n Al in Beverly Hills, but his catering is impeccable and professional.


Thank-you and gros bisous to Hasty and Eileen for a fun, festive, and fantastic event launching their new joint venture of decadent and delicious champagne truffles!


Madame Chocolat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment