Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Welcome Back to NYC, USA

It doesn't seem like I've been in France that long, but after two years, coming back to the US was a bit of a culture shock. I'd forgotten how it was to live in a place where stores are open everyday, all day! 
 Some places, like churches,
schools,
my favorite grocery store,
 and a gym, all looked like they were European (yes, that building is a gym).
 The buildings looked much more modern,
some with gritty character,
others with a more gentrified feel,
 but the huge cars,
parked on top of each other for a rate of about $50 a day,
 big dogs,

 and mounds of garbage, day
 and night, reminded me I wasn't in Paris anymore.
Rockefeller Center's ice skating rink,
the esplanade,
and the Christmas tree atop Radio Center Music Hall, all welcomed me back as a tourist in the city where I was born :)

No comments:

Post a Comment