Monday, May 1, 2017

South Pasadena Farmers' Market

I've missed my French marchés ever since I've moved back to the US :( Now that I live on the other side of town, the ones I knew and loved in Santa Monica are too far away for me to go to on a regular basis, but thankfully the South Pasadena Farmers Market is an excellent alternative. The market begins at the Metro stop for South Pasadena, so I saw it on a ride one day and made it a point to go once some friends said it was the best in the area.
There are many food trucks clustered around the road adjacent to the Metro stop, so if you are hungry, you will have plenty of options.



 These tamales contain no lard and are all freshly made by the family behind the counter.



 This sandwich was a specialty from the Gastobus.
 Peruvian plates.
 Crepes, both savory and sweet.
 Ice cream and sorbet in unusual flavors.
 You can also take food to go.


If you run out of cash (some vendors take credit cards), there is an ATM at the center of the market.
Local and organic produce abound.





 Flowers may not be edible, but they are pretty :)
 Many merchants sell things like vinegars, oil, and honey.
There's live music as the sun sets.


No comments:

Post a Comment