Monday, May 7, 2018

3 Firsts at Red Car Brewery

Does anyone know what this is? 

Are any of you fans of the TV series M*A*S*H*? Klinger's favorite diner Tony Packo's is famous for this! I was asked all those questions and didn't know...so I will tell you the answer: a fried dill pickle! It was delicious! Sour, crunchy, salty, and you will definitely want more than one slice! Friends who live in the area near Old Town Torrance know this place well and had almost polished off the entire plate of ale battered fried pickles ($6.95) before I got there! They saved me one just because they love me:) 

It was my first fried pickle, my first visit to Red Car Brewery, and my first Impossible Burger, a trifecta of winning experiences! 

One of my friends ordered the Cobb Salad ($13.95) with balsamic and no bacon....I don't share my friend's palate, but the dish looked fresh. She didn't care for the balsamic so asked for some ranch which she added to the salad...it didn't seem to help her opinion of her meal.
Another friend ordered the grilled salmon ($17.95) with fresh vegetables which he demolished with relish.
I have been wanting to try the impossible burger, so when I saw it on the menu I had to order it! It came with coleslaw and either a salad or fries, so I opted for fries.
It was a very decent vegan burger with good taste and honestly with all the other components of the burger, it could have passed for meat. My friends thought the texture was a bit odd but they enjoyed it nonetheless.
I'm sure there will be return visits, but next time I will get there early and grab at least TWO slices of the fried pickle!

No comments:

Post a Comment