Monday, June 24, 2019

Coming Home to the Cantine de Marius

I moved back to the U.S.A. from France about 2.5 years ago, but I am still a citizen of both countries and hold two passports. My languages, tastes, and sensibilities are cross cultural, so it was wonderful to go home to France for a two week visit. It felt like a family reunion with my friends at one of my homelands. 

Cantine de Marius in Saint Germain-en-laye was one of my go to places and I was very happy to find it is still a wonderful place for fabulous French food :) They have a lunch menu for only 17.50 Euros for two courses or 21 Euros for three that will amaze your taste buds!

The menu changes daily (as it should), but the day we were there the appetizer was a tuna crudo with cucumbers and radishes,

 and mackerel with a purée of broccoli 
and a white nectarine dessert with sorbet that bespoke the perfume of summer fruits.


It was a wonderful welcome back to France with friends. We strolled the grounds of the chateau to walk off lunch afterwards:)


No comments:

Post a Comment