Monday, December 16, 2019

Breakfast at Urth

Urth Caffe has always been one of my favorite places for coffee, but I usually stop in for lunch or a coffee and sweet treat. I finally went in for breakfast and it is now on my breakfast cafe rotation when the line isn't out the door (which it is pretty much any week-end). 

They make fantastic granola, which is tied to my own recipe for my favorite, but since I haven't made granola in months, it was far easier to go there to eat their granola parfait with honey and berries than go through the shopping and prep required to make my own. Definitely a full breakfast for a light appetite or a nice supplement to a savory dish.


The italian sausage omelette comes with wonderful bread and a side salad, definitely enough for a big appetite.
The chicken pesto omelette comes with  the same great bread and side salad and again was a hearty portion with a very tasty pesto preparation.
Their omelettes are great for those who like their eggs dry and very well done, but I found them a bit too overdone and you can not adjust their doneness, so although they are very tasty and made with excellent ingredients, I would prefer to stick to my granola parfait and my favorite dark roast oat milk cappuccino. 

If it is a nice day (which in Southern California is almost every day) chose a seat on the patio near a fountain and appreciate the wonder of dining al fresco in the middle of Winter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment