Monday, May 11, 2020

Quick and Easy Blueberry Muffins

I found a simple and very tasty blueberry muffin recipe on Inspiredtaste.com that may now be my favorite variation of this classic treat. I changed it slightly (of course), but you may enjoy the original, so the link to it is here.

It really only requires the ingredients, one big bowl, a whisk, a fork, some measuring spoons and cups, and an 1 or 2 cup liquid measuring cup.

All the dry ingredients get whisked together; I adjusted the sugar down to 1/2 cup instead of 3/4 cup (I used my vanilla bean infused raw sugar).
 The wet ingredients go into a liquid measuring cup (I used oat milk)
 that you whisk together
 then you add the vanilla to the whisked wet ingredients and use a fork to combine with the dry ingredients, being careful not to overmix.
 Fold in the blueberries, either fresh or frozen (I used ones I had frozen myself).
 The only other variation I made was I coated the blueberries with some flour so they wouldn't sink to the bottom of the muffins.
The finished product was absolutely FABULOUS! Crunchy top with the light sprinkle of sugar, and very tender crumb from the oil. Since they freeze well, I may have to make a double batch next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment