Monday, July 20, 2020

Metro Mushrooms and Meat

Take out is a wonderful option during these Covid 19 times of limited contact, and sometimes eating at home is more of a treat than going through the angst of deciding whether the safety measures taken by the restaurants and patrons are strict enough for someone who is immune compromised. Thankfully every place I know has good standards in place, so I worry about the patrons dining out more than the restaurant personnel. 

I was in the mood for mushrooms, and Metro Cafe handles them with such skill that I wanted their handiwork rather than my own :) Their portabella sandwich for $14 with goat cheese and arugula on ciabatta with a side salad, is such a hearty sandwich I could only eat half at a time!
Their dinner menu offers a grilled mushroom salad for $14 that is a meal in and of itself! With a hearty medley of mushrooms, I could barely eat any of the entrees!
Their lamb osso bucco with fettuccine for $23 is an entire lamb shank! Hard to see in the picture but it is definitely enough for 2 meals! The meat is so tender you definitely do not need a knife!
One of their signature dishes is the Chevapchichi for $19 that comes with potatoes and a cucumber, onion, and tomato salad. I love the minced meat "sausage" made with nice warm Eastern European spice mixture. A tomato relish accompanied the dish but it was perfect plain.
I didn't order dessert because I had made a yogurt cake at home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment