Monday, June 21, 2021

Return to Le Pain Quotidien

I'm slowly beginning to go back to all the places I went to regularly pre Covid 19, but I must admit that I still prefer eating at outdoor patios, so Le Pain Quotidien in Marina del Rey was an easy breakfast choice. The jars of house jam are now individual containers, and the servers all wear masks. 

I was so impatient for my first sip of oat milk cappuccino that I forgot to take a picture before I sipped :)
One of the mornings when I wanted something light, I chose the fruit, granola and Greek yogurt parfait with perfectly ripe berries, tasty crunchy granola, and a rich smooth Greek yogurt.


Their breakfast sandwich is a nice brunch choice.
The classic ham and cheese omelet served with their organic bread and side salad
or their mushroom and goat cheese omelet are for the days when something more substantial is needed. I have never been able to finish their omelets, but I always make a valiant effort! My favorite server, Ashley, had just returned from Senegal so we caught up on what we had been doing during the last 18 months in French! It made me nostalgic for the Pain Quotidien outposts in Belgium (original) and Paris. It was a good appetizer for traveling to Europe again....

No comments:

Post a Comment