Monday, August 29, 2022

Jolly Oyster

There are several great seafood places near me, but I had not yet tried the Jolly Oyster, so late one afternoon I headed over to Citizen Public Market to get a taste of their offerings. Steamers were very garlicky and served with excellent bread to sop up the wonderful liquid. The clams were very small, but the portion was a decent size for $14 a pound.
The baked oysters with leek and parm, six for $17 were a great choice for non raw oyster lovers. This was like a fusion of a less intense version of Oysters Rockefeller with a creamy leek base.
Just to be sure that I had enough to eat, I also ordered the shrimp cocktail, which included a horseradish cocktail sauce that was so good that I wanted to take it home! 
The ease of parking in the lot behind the market, the choices and quality of the seafood, and the proximity to where I live, all combined to make this a neighborhood choice to return to for more shellfish.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment