Monday, August 14, 2023

Seafood Pot in Charleston, SC

The best meal I ate on my trip to South Carolina was at the Seafood Pot in Charleston. It's the perfect place to stop for a meal before or after your flight because it's only 4 miles and about 10 minutes from the airport. It's a casual spot in a strip mall, so come as you are and place your order at the counter with the very friendly and professional staff before sitting down wherever there is a seat.

I love crawfish and I was thrilled with this huge seafood boil for under $17 with GIGANTIC fresh crawfish, delicious beef sausage, corn on the cob, and potatoes. Somehow I managed to eat everything except the potatoes :) The spicy boil was perfectly seasoned and I would have drunk it as a beverage if it hadn't been so rich.

I had read so many good reviews of their gumbo that I had to order it and compare it to the other versions I love in Los Angeles and New Orleans. The chicken, shrimp, beef sausage, okra, and roux version was less than $11 and a hearty hefty serving with very nice spice blend. The gumbo was a bit thin, and the shrimp were a bit small, but for the price and flavor, this was a definite winner.

The shrimp version of the seafood boil was equally delicious, again for under $17, the shrimp were plump, juicy, and perfectly cooked with all the same beef sausage, corn on the cob and potatoes included in the crawfish boil.
I was thinking of taking some of the food on the plane when I ate there on the way to airport for my flight back home, but I was so starved for great food after my sojourn that I literally ate everything before boarding my flight! If I ever go to Charleston again, the Seafood Pot will be my first stop after a flight and before a flight!





No comments:

Post a Comment