Sunday, October 15, 2023

Kaua'i Breakfast at Java Kai & Lunch at Kenji Burger

I spent a week on Kaua'i for a wedding celebration and found some wonderful spots, so several of my upcoming posts will all be about places on the island :)

I stayed in Lihue, so Kapa'a was only 3 miles up the road and a great place to shop, eat and walk around. A frequent stop during my stay was Java Kai.
Their oat milk latte $6 was the best I tasted on the island and the same price as the ones in Los Angeles.
Their sunrise brekkie for $15 was a perfect papaya with greek yogurt, granola, a generous portion of delicious bacon, and a toasted bagel served with cinnamon butter.It was such a large portion that I took the bagel back to my condo to eat later. There is nothing like eating local fruit; the papaya and pineapple were the best I've ever tasted!
Portuguese sausage (home made) and egg sandwich with machego and romesco for $16 was a heartier breakfast choice and the home made sausage elevated it to a preferred choice if you like breakfast sandwiches.
Their turkey club comes with a side salad that was good on its own
and the sandwich itself was well balanced portions of all the ingredients for $16.
Kaua'i has cattle on the island and one of the few places where you can find their local beef is at Kenji Burger. The best sign of how good this place is was driving up to see an entire construction crew in line waiting for their order :)

I went to the Kapa'a location, but they have 4 in total all over the island. Of course I had to taste the Kenji burger with teriyaki, ponzu aioli, caramelized onions, cheddar, tomato and arugula for $13


I resisted the fries, which looked amazing, because I wanted to try their Misoyaki fish bowl with miso glazed black cod, arugula salad, and rice for $18. The fish was incredibly tender and fresh, some of the best I ate during my entire stay on the island.










No comments:

Post a Comment