Monday, September 3, 2018

Always Lovely A Food Affair

My favorite way to spend my birthday is sharing great food with friends, and as an added gift, we dined at my friends' restaurant, A Food Affair. Babette and Christian welcome everyone as friends whether it is your first visit or fiftieth, so my friends who had never been felt as welcome as my friends who revisited. 

The whole branzino with grilled lemons served with a side a sauce of mint and parsley was perfectly cooked and I completely forgot to add the side sauce because the clean fresh flavor of the fish was so delightful.
The lamb shank tagine was a special that was actually delivered in a tajine! The meat was falling off the bone tender, redolent with Moroccan spices, and the portion was enough for two meals (I devoured the leftovers the next day).
You may not see the escargot because they are smothered in a smooth garlic, parsley and cream sauce over potato, but they are like hidden gems that burst with flavor. If you have never had escargot, this is a perfect introduction, and if you are an escargot fan, you will be enthralled by this version.
For vegetarians, the hearty Farmer's Market Casserole with eggplant, brussel sprouts, mushrooms and a spaghetti squash and tomato terrine could be a main dish, or large a vegetable side dish.
We chose a nice Bordeaux to accompany our meal.
And even though we only ordered one dessert, the marvelous Royères sent out practically every dessert on their menu with candles and birthday wishes! 

The coconut crème caramel was my favorite, filled with lots of coconut, passionfruit coulis, and sprinkled with pepitas, the textures and flavors all complimented each other.
My birthday wish is a secret, but it's no secret that I love A Food Affair!

No comments:

Post a Comment