Monday, September 10, 2018

Three Bowls and Two Sides

KimBap Paradise is known for their Korean rolls, kind of like sushi rolls but with different fillings, like beef :) However tempting they sounded, I knew that there was no way that I could eat an entire roll, much less one with a bowl of soup or Bibimbop, so I opted for the bowl of Bibimbop alone. Of course it came with soup, rice, sides of kimchi, and pickled radish. The ingredients were all fresh and delicious, especially after I added the umami laden red chili bean paste (not spicy) into the bowl. Nothing on the menu is over $15 so you can experiment with new flavors without exploring going into debt.
I've written about Eboshi before, but I went back with a friend who had lived in Japan and spoke Japanese, so it was an "upgraded" lunch experience my second time around. We started with grilled beef tongue, a simple bite that is rare to find in Los Angeles.
My friend ordered the cold bowl of ramen Hiyashi Chuka for $11.50 that he devoured with gusto, saying it reminded him of his time in Japan.
I ordered the fried oysters which were wonderfully crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside, and even though they were flown in from Japan, the price was very reasonable. Since I hate macaroni salad, I can't tell you how that tasted, but it was included with a small green salad for around $6.
Even though I no longer live in the neighborhood, the area around Sawtelle known as Little Osaka, Korean Super is still a good place to stop for a bowl of comfort food like this sweet savory chicken with pickled radish. It's a hearty portion, served in an easily transportable container, so you can take your leftovers home:) 
So many bowls to choose from, where should I eat my next bowl?

No comments:

Post a Comment