Monday, November 5, 2018

Happy in Hermosa


Having guests come to visit makes me actually go visit the beautiful beaches in my backyard. Hermosa Beach is 5 miles from where I live and I know some active fit people who walk, bike, or skate along the paved path from Dockweiler Beach to the Pier in Hermosa and back. Decades ago, I used to bike it, but these days I drive it :)
Hermosa Beach Pier is completely pedestrian and lined with bars, restaurants, and a few shops.
 Once the sun sets, the lights go on and it begins to look like a movie set:)
Sunset signals time for Happy Hour, and Abigaile is the local brewery and gastropub that is my go to spot in Hermosa. I wrote a blog post about them back in 2012, when I stayed in Hermosa for a staycation, and I've been back since, but it was fun to introduce new people to Abigaile. Happy Hour is 5-7pm and we came for the food, but as a warning to beer lovers, they are upgrading their equipment right now, so their selection of brews is limited at the moment.
 Their menu changes often, but if you see French dip on it, order it!


 The loaded tots with sunnyside egg on top is messy and fun to share.
Mole nachos had a nice depth of flavor that made my meat loving friends think the chicken was beef!
We took a short walk back to the Pier after eating, and got a gorgeous sky send off before we drove away.

No comments:

Post a Comment