Monday, September 27, 2021

Millcross Coffee Bar and Kitchen

Moving about 2 miles away from my previous residence, I know that I always have the option of going back to my old standby places, but finding new places has become a fun research project, and Millcross has become my go to coffee bar and a regular stop for breakfast and lunch. I've become such a regular that I know several of them by name and visa versa (Baevin, Diego, Beatrice). If they stayed open later and served wine, I would probably move in :)

My first taste of their oat milk flat white was so robustly smooth, perfectly proportioned, precisely foamed, and beautifully decorated, that I sighed with relief and delight in having found such a great coffee bar only a mile away from home :)

As much as I love a flat white, I also love shakshuka, so when I saw it on the menu, it was an obvious choice. I am happy to report it was one of the best I've ever eaten, with moderately spiced tomato sauce and medium cooked poached eggs, served with fantastic bread and a generous serving of arugula that wilted gently into the hot tomato sauce.

Their salmon toast had a slight kick to it and was so big I only ate half and took the other half home!
I chose the cheesy egg sandwich once I realized my appetite was smaller than their portions, and I found this to be the perfect portion on days I'm not feeling ravenous.
Another day an onion bagel with chive cream cheese was enough to fill me up for breakfast.
Their chicken salad had lots of chicken and avocado, making this a meal if you want something light but filling.

Their Lil Skipper tuna salad with lemon vinaigrette is one of my favorite tuna salads with a perfect balance of tartness, crunch, and flavor to sustain me all afternoon.
On a morning when I was too hungry to think straight, I ordered La Bomba, with 2 eggs, chicken, avocado, bacon, and a beautiful brioche bun that I barely finished!

Their tuna melt is one of my go to favorites for either breakfast or lunch. I also tried their Tuna salad to go, but I ate it before I remembered to take a pic :(
If you want something unique and delicious, go for the chicken mole burrito (it also comes as tacos and they also have a chicken verde burrito if you prefer). 
They have a selection of sweet treats after your meal like nutella or plain canelés so they should hold you until you get back for another visit:)

No comments:

Post a Comment