Monday, December 27, 2021

A.O.C. Brentwood

AOC Brentwood opened in June, replacing Tavern, which was one of my favorite restaurants for years. I'm very happy to have found that the service, food, and decor are still top notch, and I was also very glad to find that they adhere to the Covid protocols of checking both ID and vaccination status at the door. I told the host that I was very grateful that they were one of the few places that actually checked customers upon entry. 

They have many options for drinks, including non alcoholic versions of their signature cocktails, so my friend ordered this cucumber based mocktail and enjoyed it as a refreshing pre dinner drink.

I chose a glass of a dry rosé that complimented my meal perfectly.
Romeo's lettuces salad for $15 was light and an excellent choice for a side salad.
The roasted brussel sprouts with pine nuts and burrata for $14 is a hearty vegetable dish which would satisfy a craving that requires more heft than a salad.
Sea bass for $25 was cooked to the perfect temperature, with a crispy skin but tender moist flesh.
I was thrilled to find grilled quail on the menu for $24, tender, succulent meat that was not overcooked but still had crispy wings. The rich side of potato raclette and shallot-quince confit were extra treats.
Spanish fried chicken for $18 was as good as I remembered it when this was Tavern. Crunchy with a slightly tangy zing to the meat, we devoured this as soon as it arrived at the table.
You may not be able to go back to everything you once remembered, but new memories are always waiting to be made, and some of them are newer and better versions of the past.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment