Monday, December 20, 2021

Hotel Paseo

Spending a few days in Palm Desert at Hotel Paseo was a chance to see how things have changed in the 30 years since I lived in Palm Springs and a great reason to visit friends I have not seen in over 2 years. 

Santa was driving the "welcome wagon" at the Hotel Paseo :)

The bed and linens were very comfortable and I appreciated having a USB outlet on both sides of the bed.
There is a mini fridge on the lefty side, a Keurig coffee maker in the center, an internet friendly smart TV and an area to set up a laptop.
Huge shower with great water pressure, bathrobe, and nice toiletries included in the bathroom. It took me a day to figure out how to turn on the lighting around the large mirror though ;)
The hallways were decorated with unique pieces from different artists, and this particular one was my favorite.
I got a ground level room in front of the pool ,and even though access to the pool could not be had directly from the patio, it was nice to have the view.
No one was ever in the pool but a few people did use the large jacuzzi and the seating around the fire pits.
It was hard to capture the infinity water cascade with the fire, but I can say that it was beautiful both in the daylight and at night.
I would definitely stay here again for it's location steps away from El Paseo, across from a very nice small mall, great places to eat within a block, and staff that personified customer service (the woman who checked me in, saw me try to get ice at the cafe 5 minutes after they closed, and she got it for me!). Rates were in the $300 range per night once you added up all the taxes, fees, and charges (parking, wifi, shuttle). If you download the Marriott app, you can navigate your stay a bit more easily with check in / out and requests for services.

No comments:

Post a Comment