Monday, February 7, 2022

Musso & Frank Grill

It's been years since I've eaten at Musso & Frank, and I found out that since they reopened their dining room, many other people are also feeling nostalgic for old school fine dining in an historic venue. When I tried to get a reservation a week out, I quickly found that getting any available time and date takes about a month of advanced planning, but my patience was rewarded with the Joe Dimaggio and Marilyn Monroe booth :)

I very much appreciated that there was a guard at the door checking for reservations, Covid 19 vaccination cards, and IDs before allowing anyone inside! 

I am still thinking about the perfect Elit® dirty martini I drank that night. By the time I finished my one drink (I love the little side car of more martini on ice that replenished my glass 2 times more), I was very happy that I was not driving home!

If you have never seen this, this is jellied consommé for $6, basically consommé soup, but in jelly form eaten chilled with a squeeze of lemon, this is a refreshing way to eat your soup :)
Classic Caesar salad for $16 was loaded with parmesan, but very tame with no anchovy taste and very little garlic. 
It's been ages since I've eaten sand dabs, so I chose it as my main for $28 served with a meuniere sauce. The filets were very thin and a little overdone but not inedible.
The steamed asparagus with hollandaise  for $15 was a very generous portion of perfectly steamed tender asparagus.
My dining companion chose sautéed calf's liver and onions with bacon for $24 and graciously shared some of the bacon :) 
Leaving was sad, but after being regaled by the stories of shenanigans of previous customers, a nostalgic meal of old fashioned comfort food, and perhaps the best elit martini I've ever tasted, it was mitigated by a mental note that I could return anytime I planned ahead with a reservation a few weeks out!


No comments:

Post a Comment