Monday, March 21, 2022

Metro Breakfasts

It's serendipitous when a favorite local place opens up a new outpost in another location that just happens to be a city that I frequent and where I have friends. The gigantic breakfasts at Metro Cafe in Culver City are available in El Segundo with the same people running both places, so it was wonderful to be greeted as a regular in a new location!

Their California scramble served with fresh fruit for $17 is as vibrant and fresh as it looks, and there is no way to finish this plate unless your appetite is gigantic!

They offer a yogurt, granola and fruit bowl for those days when you want something simple. I am always amazed by how ripe their fruit is on all their plates!
One day I wanted something a bit smaller so I opted for 2 eggs over medium with some of their wonderful guacamole with a side of fruit and an English muffin. A bit smaller was still a very filling breakfast plate!
I don't remember what this dish was because it was my friend's plate and I didn't eat it! But it looked beautiful and all my friends know that dining with me means I must take a picture before they taste anything :)
Since I'm heading down that way again next week, I'll have to figure out what the plate was, order it, and taste it!


No comments:

Post a Comment