Monday, March 28, 2022

Picalilli

Picalilli has been on my radar for awhile, and I'm glad I finally taste tested their fusion cuisine on a balmy afternoon. They have a very spacious dog friendly patio, with plenty of heat lamps when Los Angeles gets chilly (that translates to around 50-60F).

I went with a local who had also not tried them yet, so we sent our tastebuds out to explore several plates, starting with the hamachi crudo for $22. It was a lovely presentation with fresh fish and edible flowers.

One the specials was an eggplant and pepper side dish that could easily have been a main course alongside some of the spicy crispy rice salad.
The spicy crispy rice salad for $18 was not spicy hot, but spicy complex that would please any vegetarian looking for something slightly different yet comforting at the same time.
I specifically came on a day they offered octopus, which was beautifully charred and tender, having come from a nice fire and delicate handling. 
I didn't need dessert, but my friend did, we we ordered the white chocolate blondie for $13 that was easily enough to share, but I graciously only tasted and allowed my friend the indulgence of a double portion of dessert :)
They offer brunch, happy hour, and craft cocktails, so there's still plenty for me to explore next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment