Monday, April 11, 2022

Zinqué Venice Dinner

Zinqué has been on my radar for awhile, but until someone I know actually suggested going, I did not make it a priority. It has moved to my regular rotation list now :)

We started with ratatouille socca (chick pea flour snack) for $16. It was a nice version, but the socca was quite flat and crisp, making it more like a Roman pizza, but the flavors and textures were good, and it was a great appetizer to share since each socca is cut into 2 pieces.

My friend Liana ordered the mussels and fries for $23 and generously shared both her mussels and fries :)

Another friend ordered the short rib pappardelle for $26. A hefty hearty bowl that needed a bit more cooking time for the short rib to get to the point of tenderness that would have made this perfection. 
I was very happy with my branzino for $34, stuffed with lemon, and grilled until the skin was crisp while the flesh was still tender. It was a gigantic portion, so I shared it with my table mates who all liked it even though they had all demurred at first ;)
I am looking forward to trying their breakfast, brunch, and happy hour dishes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment