Monday, June 20, 2022

La Salette Sonoma

My favorite restaurant in Sonoma is La Salette. In the three days of my trip to Sonoma, I ate at La Salette THREE times, and would have gone four times if they had been open for breakfast the day of my departure! With different servers on every visit, the professionalism and warmth of every server added to the joy of every meal. There is a (free) parking lot behind the restaurant with a small driveway entrance on the main square; it is the best place to park unless you get a spot in front. Today's post is an amalgamation of all the meals I ate at La Salette :)

Arriving in the early evening before a wedding week-end celebration, I knew that food was required before the cocktail reception held across the square to welcome all the guests, so I booked my first dinner based on location, and of course online reviews!

The Brussel sprouts with a mushroom medley was beautifully charred, lightly cooked, and perfectly seasoned.

Asparagus with ham and a poached egg, could have been a delightful breakfast, but we had it as a side vegetable dish.
I loved the wood fired octopus with potatoes with potatoes for $19
The braised pork belly with smoked apple gastrique, frisée and madeira glaze for $18 was a popular appetizer.
The house salad for $15 could have been a light lunch with a delightful sherry herb vinaigrette.
The whole branzino for $38 was enough to share, and lightly cooked with a refreshing herbs and tomatoes. Easily enough to share if you are feeling generous ;) 
The fisherman stew for $32 was GIGANTIC! Every morsel was properly prepared, with an addictive jus from all the shellfish and linguiça that will have you asking for more bread to get every drop.
The salt cod cakes for $17 are a classic Portuguese dish on the Portuguese leaning menu that embodies what they SHOULD taste like when done with a deft hand. The Moroccan black olive coulis added both a nice briny touch and an artistic flair to the presentation.
If you love scallops, the wood seared day boat scallops for $20 should definitely be on your radar.

After seeing several nearby tables order oysters, I succumbed and was happy to find them fresh, firm, and simply tasting of the ocean.
The trio of frigid desserts for $11 was enough for the table to share, with lightly sweetened and fruity flavors to satisfy the sweet tooth diners at the table.
After we ate dessert, they also offered a complimentary coconut ball that arrived with the bill. 
After drinking several glasses of their mineral forward vinho verde (I don't remember the name, but I do know they have another one that is fruity), I was glad I wasn't driving, and only had to navigate to the car parked 50 feet away!






No comments:

Post a Comment