Monday, June 27, 2022

Jacob's in Sonoma

After doing a bit of research online, my first food stop on my trip to Sonoma was Jacob's. Since it was late afternoon midweek, there was no wait and a plenty of seats available both inside and on their shaded patio. They are open all afternoon except for Monday, so if the places around the central square are packed, this place is a great choice. The waitress was very efficient and friendly, and recognized me on a subsequent visit, welcoming me back!

I chose the chicken gyro with a side salad, that was ENORMOUS and delicious, but even in my ravenous state, I could only finish half of this plate!
A friend ordered the pesto chicken sandwich with side salad and could not finish it either, although they were equally famished! I knew after this meal to always split a plate here unless you wanted leftovers to take away!
I went back the next day and used my newly acquired knowledge about their portion sizes to split a caesar salad and lasagna with my dining partner and it worked out perfectly! We sat outside under huge red umbrellas, so the shots below have a bit of a tint to them :(
The lasagna was served with vegetables that could have been a meal in and of themselves, with a cheesy bread side. The beef lasagna was obviously freshly made with a bright tangy tomato sauce and loaded with vegetables. Even splitting this with the salad was very filling!
I asked the waitress about a great coffee place that I read was literally next door, and she said the only place next door besides the train attraction (week-ends are prime time, so prepare to wait if you are going when the attraction is open), was the lumber store! 

The Grand Cafe serves organic coffee out of the front entrance of the lumber store! They also serve some sausages/hot dogs and pastries, but if you are craving a coffee fix, they will satisfy your craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment