Monday, July 4, 2022

Hog Island Larkspur

On my way back to Los Angeles from Sonoma, I stopped off at Hog Island in Larkspur so some oysters before heading home. I got 3 East Coast ones per the waitress' suggestion, and after tasting them, I agreed I preferred them to the West Coast Oysters! A bit brinier and smaller, but each one was a smooth, sweet fresh bite. Your choice of any six was $21 and I simply dressed them in a squeeze of lemon juice and contemplated ordering some champagne or wine, but since I was driving and it was only 11 am, I stuck to water!

The grilled Monterey Calamari for $15 in a lemon parsley vinaigrette was bright and tender, and if you are looking for a light bite this side and a salad would be plenty.

The $14 Caesar salad had a nice roasted garlic-anchovy dressing.
Because I had no idea what the portion sizes were before ordering, I also got a bowl of clam chowder for $18 that was so rich and filling that I could barely finish the shellfish, much less the broth. 
I will definitely be back for an afternoon of oysters and wine when in the area and when someone else is doing the driving!


No comments:

Post a Comment