Monday, September 12, 2022

Jame Enoteca Still A Solid Staple in El Segundo

Even though I have not lived in El Segundo for years, Jame Enoteca is still going strong, with expanded outdoor dining, and more staff to handle the clientele. Parking in the lot is easy if you arrive outside of prime time, otherwise plenty of street parking (again outside of prime times). Service is excellent, and if you are more interested in the food than the casual parking lot adjacent strip mall patio atmosphere, this place should be on your radar. I was treated to a birthday dinner here and I also went for 2 lunches, so this post includes food from all 3 visits.

The lunch special for $21 includes a drink, starter and pasta for $21 (add $5 for wine if you want a nice glass pf red or white instead of the non alcoholic choices offered). For the quality of food, the lunch special is a steal! 

One lunch, I chose the spicy caesar, with fresh, romaine hearts and a very mildly spicy dressing.
Another lunch, I chose the famous kale salad as a starter, which could also be a meal in an of itself as a main course if you choose another starter.
One evening meal, our table shared 2 orders of their extraordinary brussels sprouts, and I defy anyone who says they hate this vegetable to taste it here and still make that statement! The char and balsamic combined to make this the side vegetable you will not regret ordering!
My friends loved the octopus starter for $21 (and they are octopus connoisseurs).
I chose the spicy rigatoni alla vodka with chili, basil, and gran padano for my lunch, which was such a big portion, I only ate about half of it! Perfectly done al dente pasta, with a creamy sauce that had a bit of a kick. This would be great if you are very hungry and craving comfort food.
Another lunch entrée was the paccheri rigati with spicy pork sausage sugo, fennel, sage, and pecorino, that was a spicier version of the above, served with an equally generous hand.
The 36 hour capellini (I added 2 meatballs) in the evening was a disappointment. 
I loved this when they first opened in 2018, but the pasta was overcooked, and the meatballs were bland.
Tagliatelle with bolognese during the evening meal was delicious, with well rounded flavors and as with all their pastas, the serving size was generous.
One of our evening party ordered the scarpinocc and practically licked the plate, but I couldn't get a good picture, so you'll just have to take my word for it ;)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment