Monday, October 31, 2022

Chartreuse Detroit

My first meal in Detroit was at Chartreuse, one of the most recommended restaurants in the area. The waitress said they do not have a refrigerator because everything on the menu is fresh and seasonal (one of the restaurant people at my table raised her eyebrow at this statement in disbelief). 

The menu ranged from smaller to larger bits, with the shrimp and grits being the beginning of the larger plate dishes.
We got 2 orders of the burrata for $17 served with tomatoes that were barely ripe
as well as 2 of the Gobi Manchurian (fried cauliflower) for $15 to share. I liked the fried cauliflower and looked forward to tasting more.
The hit of the night was the shrimp and grits with scallops for $28. I only tasted this dish because of my scallop sensitivity, but both the shrimp and grits were nicely seasoned and perfectly cooked.
 
I was disappointed by my pork ribs for $23, which were very tender, and very sweet, served with a sweet coconut rice. I loved the cucumber side salad and wished there was more, but even though I took my leftovers to go, I did not eat them.

My glass of wine was very nice and the rest of the table split a bottle of sherry which they enjoyed. So would I go back? Yes, but depending on what is on the menu, your satisfaction with your meal will depend on which plate you order, so going with several people so you can share and taste different dishes would be a wise choice.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment