Monday, October 17, 2022

Konbi Culver City

I've been waiting for Konbi to open in Culver City ever since I saw them put up the signs next to GGET. I'm so happy to finally taste their famous katsu sandwich, and I was thrilled to find that they do a marvelous salad medley with nectarines, sungold tomatoes, cucumbers, soy glazed hazelnuts, and greens, served with a miso dressing. It was around $15 and very a hearty vegetarian meal for one.

I asked James at the counter which sandwich he liked besides the katsu which I had ordered and he said the tuna, so that's what I ordered and it was a comforting rendition served on their fabulous milk bread (now made in house) with sliced cucumbers and nori mayo.
The pork katsu sandwich lived up to the hype, with the quality of the Peads and Barnetts pork loin, cabbage and bulldog sauce, I would order this is you are a meat eater and only have room for one thing from their menu.
They are now serving ICE CREAM! so I tried their chocolate caramel in a cup and the vegan pistachio on a waffle cone. Both were rich wonderful, and served at the perfect temperature to eat, not too hard nor soft. 

The quality of ingredients makes everything a bit pricey, from about $15 per sandwich/salad to around $8 for the ice cream on a cone, but if you want to budget this in once in a awhile, it is a worthwhile place for a midday treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment