Monday, January 9, 2023

A Food Affair Encore

Today's post is an update on A Food Affair, still wonderful after all these years! It's been 11 years since they opened, and I am so very grateful to call them my French home away from home. Still family run, Babette welcoming guests and running the front of the house and Christian creating the recipes and doing the cooking. It's always a pleasure to walk into this softly lit, warm, and inviting oasis.

During Covid 19, I mainly ordered take out, but as the vaccines and boosters eased our concerns, it was nice to finally go out to eat again at my favorite restaurants. A Food Affair has managed to not only maintain their heart warming piece of Provence on Robertson Blvd, but they have also retained their standards of delicious dishes and professional service.

It's also been fun to introduce new people to this marvelous place! We started with Wild Alaskan crab cakes, served with a caper saffron yogurt sauce, and mango, green papaya, scallion, and bell pepper for $19.95

I love their Organic Artisan Salad for $14.95 with persimmons, goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, almonds, tomatoes, and aged balsamic.
The Scottish salmon and crispy calamari served over grilled corn, asparagus, cauliflower riced risotto, and honey chipotle for $34.95 is a wonderful dish for pescatarians who want a hearty bowl filled with a medley of flavors.
I ordered Mom's boeuf bourguignon for $33.95, still the best version I've ever eaten anywhere in the world. Made with prime beef, wild mushrooms, carrots, and served with pappardelle, this was easily enough for 2, so of course I took home leftovers for my second meal ;) 
People say you can't go back and expect things to be the same, but thankfully I can go back to A Food Affair and it is the same in all the ways that count, wonderful people, excellent food, and a place that warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment