Monday, January 2, 2023

American Beauty Venice

I went to American Beauty Venice to celebrate friendship and the holidays, kicking off a wonderful end of 2022 and beginning of 2023. Life is a beautiful circle of old and new and American Beauty was a perfect place to incorporate both with old friends and a new place. 

We shared many plates, some of which were eaten before I got a chance to take a picture :) The wood grilled flatbread for $12 with labneh and smoked honey was devoured before I could even pull my phone out of my purse! It was a sesame topped hit, with everyone at the table.

Heritage Pork Baby back ribs for $34 with sweet and spicy glaze, pickled daikon and kohlrabi. The ribs were very tender, and the slaw was a nice vinegary compliment to the generous serving of rich pork. It was good enough to take the leftovers home, but I would have preferred a bit more spice or seasoning to the pork.

American Beauty is known as a steakhouse, so we ordered one grass fed NY strip for $ 65 medium (table consensus) and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so perfectly seasoned, that no one touched the side sauce.
As a non meat dish, I chose the grilled Orata (a type of sea bream) for $34 with ajo bianco, grape and leek. It was very nicely done, with crispy skin and tender flesh. Anyone with allergies should note that it is served with hazelnuts.
I did not get a chance to taste the lamb chops since the meat lovers at the table pounced on them as soon as they arrived, but I heard they were delicious!
I also chose the broccolini for $13 which were so good that we nearly ordered another serving.
The onion stuffed hash brown for $15 with sour cream was a perfectly done huge patty that we managed to divide without using knives ;)
I loved the oyster and shiitake mushrooms with cippolini onions for $18 and could have easily eaten this as my main dish.
We ordered the burnt cheesecake for $12 (which was eaten before I got a picture) along with the apple pie for dessert and the table devoured both, so if you have a sweet tooth, save some room for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment