Friday, November 24, 2023

Kaua'i Tidepools Restaurant

My favorite meal on Kaua'i was dinner at Tidepools, located at the Grand Hyatt in Poipu. I made advance reservations about 6 weeks prior to to my trip because I'd heard from so many people that it was worth the planning and the drive. I am very happy to say there were right! 

Following a winding path from the main lobby of the hotel, it is a bit tricky to find the entrance but all the hotel employees were very helpful in steering guests to this hidden treasure. Mobility challenged guests should ask for help and the waiter said they use the service elevator for wheelchairs. 

The breadbasket was filled with freshly baked rolls (you can watch them being made as you walk towards your seat) that were entirely too tempting to offer to hungry people! Somehow I only ate one (and a half)!
We got crab cakes made with crab, kula onions, panko, lomi tomatoes and a garlic parmesan aioli for $27
Poke with wonton chips made with dynamite furikake for $23, that the non poke lover at the table declared the best poke ever :)
The most enticing menu item was the Hawaiian catch with soy glazed Hawaiian fish, cold water lobster, shrimp, scallop, molokai sweet potato, served with a lemongrass buerre blanc for $65. It was a huge portion and every bite was delicately and gently cooked to perfection highlighting all the fresh local ingredients.
The misoyaki kurobuta pork chop with furikake rice cake, seasonal vegetables, and house made bok choy kimchee for $61 was one of the best pork chops I've ever eaten and I fought to take the bone home so that I could savor it in private;)
Getting a reservation at sunset is worth the planning just to get a view like this:





No comments:

Post a Comment