Thursday, May 7, 2009

Miami Brosia

For my last meal in Miami, we went to Brosia in the Design District. The exterior wall is a huge mosaic of tiles which help shelter the outdoor patio from wind, creating a small calm sanctuary of lit trees far from the noise and bustle of South Beach. (If you are looking for more of a nightlife, go to Sra Martinez around the corner during a live music night; see my post from Tuesday.)

Reading the menu got me salivating when I saw one of their salads included a Caesar with white anchovy; although I loved the dressing and the salad itself, I was disappointed that there was literally only ONE white anchovy, I guess that was why it was listed as anchovy instead of anchovies!

Chantal had the prosciutto and melon and was happy with her choice. The presentation was unusual, with sliced rounds of melon laid into a flat fan around the plate with the prosciutto on top of that and a small topping of arugula, shaved fennel, dried figs, walnuts, and pecorino cheese crowning the center. The side of asparagus with kalamata olives was nicely grilled, but not spectacular. I segued into the Catalan shrimp and clams with chorizo, in a garlic red pepper and sherry sauce, which was by far my favorite dish of the evening. The shrimp were perfectly cooked, the clams were fresh, and the chorizo was the best smoky dense version I have ever had. Even though I was full and I could not finish the sauce with the toasted bread points, I lingered until I finished every last bite of this fantastic dish.

Back to Los Angeles in the very early morning (gotta get up at 5 am!), so I'll post again after I get over my jet lag.

No comments:

Post a Comment