Monday, September 23, 2019

Bee Taqueria

When the owner of Pikoh said they were going to open a new place with a new chef Alex Carrasco from Mexico City (but who has worked in many prestigious places around town) in the West Adams neighborhood called Bee Taqueria, I filed it into my "To Be Tried" list, and I am glad I did! 

It is a welcome and very colorful addition to this up and coming neighborhood. Very casual, very unique, and very personable since the chef was both cooking and serving during the weekday afternoon.

The back patio portion is big enough to host a large function or be filled with food lovers on a sultry Southern California evening. They are beginning to host some taco omakase evenings, so I'm sure the place will be packed on those occasions.
I had to get a sampler of the tacos, which came with side beans, pickles, and consommé on hand made blue corn tortillas. Nothing on the menu is over $8 and they offer vegetarian options like beet for those who don't want to partake of the beef, lamb, or pork that were all distinctly delicious in different ways. I'm hard pressed to choose a favorite, but because I am a lamb fan, I slightly preferred the Cordero BBQ.
They were out of the ceviche, but not the fried ceviche made with Sea Bass :) The mix of the crunchy roasted corn nuts, sweet potato, and the acidic squeeze of lime juice, made this a lick the bowl kind of dish.
You order and pay at the window, and they *buzz* you when your order is ready for pickup. Come by before the buzz for this place created lines that will have people swarming!

No comments:

Post a Comment