Monday, November 23, 2020

Banana Chocolate Upside Down Cake

I've never tried to make an upside down cake, but when I saw this Banana & Chocolate Upside Down Cake recipe, I decided to try and I'm happy to report my first one was not only lower in fat and sugar than one I could buy, it was delicious warm out of the oven!

It helps to have a glass pyrex baking dish so you can see the bottom after you bake it, and the brownie sized 2 Qt square pan made by OXO (and generously gifted by jean_de_paradis) was perfectly suited for this recipe.

I melted the melted butter and mixed in the sugar on stovetop over low medium heat just until bubbly, then waited for it to cool to room temperature


before adding the sliced bananas. I opted for long slices because that is how it looked in the recipe but it was difficult to arrange the slices to fit the pan without them breaking.
 
After mixing the dry and wet ingredients just until blended with my dough whisk (thanks again jean_de_paradis), the batter was quite runny before I folded in the chocolate chunks to pour over the bananas,


The batter spread very well in the pan, but I made sure the corners were all evenly filled before baking.


The end result was moist, light, and delicious!

The chocolate chunks add a nice surprise in every bite!






No comments:

Post a Comment