Monday, November 22, 2021

Good Day Thai

A good Breakfast / Brunch at a Thai restaurant? YES! Good Day Thai offers a week-end brunch with both American and Thai choices that will please the palates of picky eaters of all ages. I started off with an oat milk cappuccino that was both large and nicely done. Kritz, my server, displayed the remarkable skill of memorizing every order perfectly without a pen, paper, or tablet!
Their waffle for $9 was crisp, flavorful, and addictive enough that I finished it before the rest of my meal arrived. 
I ordered the "Joke" aka rice porridge for $13 with minced pork, fresh ginger, poached egg, green onions and crispy noodles that was a huge meal in and of itself! This was the first time I had eaten "jook" outside my house since I left NYC and it was a refreshingly upgraded version with a good soup base and contrasting textures. 
Their small chicken wonton soup for $9 was enough to share or be a meal if you are not too hungry. The broth was nicely complex, and the wontons, chicken slices and bok choy, all combined for a very satisfying soup.
Their eggplant for $15 used quality Japanese eggplants, but I found the sauce a bit too sweet and the garlic bean sauce was too lightly nuanced to add much to the dish.
I had to try their regular menu after enjoying their breakfast dishes, so I started with the classic pad Thai for $13 and found their version to be a great paradigm for the medley of textures and flavors that made this dish the go to order for most Americans.
I tried several of their appetizers and thoroughly enjoyed the steamed dumplings with their silky smooth consistency enveloping the minced filling on a bed of shredded cabbage topped with crispy garlic for $8. If you are not very hungry, this could be a meal in and of itself!
Their chicken satay for $12 made with chicken marinated in coconut milk was a delightful and generously portioned protein appetizer.
Chicken larb for $13 is a refreshing salad choice for a lighter meal with a lime based dressing, fresh cabbage and cucumber.
Kao Man Kai for $15 was a Thai version of the classic poached chicken and rice dish from many other countries. I found their chicken a bit dry and the soy ginger sauce lacked punch, but their ginger rice was delicious.
I love rice noodles and their Pad See Ew for $13 with choice of protein (I chose tofu) was a comforting version with Chinese broccoli and American broccoli. The combination of the two broccoli types was a good epitome of how Good Day Thai does a great job of combining two food cultures in the same place.













No comments:

Post a Comment