Monday, November 28, 2022

Stevie's Creole on Pico

My favorite place in Los Angeles for Creole / Cajun food is Stevie's Creole Cafe. I had not been back since before Covid 19, so I decided it was time to satisfy my craving for Creole food and revisit. I had forgotten how big their portions were, so I ordered a bit of everything; their jambalaya is made up of large shrimp, andouille sausage, peppers, onions, and tomato that is a perfect comfort food. One portion is also enough for at least 3-4 meals!

I love their greens, simply made and addictive with a few splashes of hot sauce.
Seafood gumbo for $21.50 was full of crab, shrimp, andouille sausage, and chicken in a filé gumbo that had so many layers of flavor that I wanted to slurp up the liquid like soup, but settled for using rice to soak up all the deliciousness.
I was very hungry when I ordered, so I also ordered the short ribs with red beans & rice, and some red pepper cabbage for $25. A portion big enough for 2 hearty appetites to share, but I found the short ribs a bit coring after the spicy jambalaya and seafood gumbo. The red pepper cabbage had some heat, and the red beans and rice were a contender for my favorite side dish.
I definitely need to becoming a regular customer again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment