Monday, September 28, 2020

Broad Street Oyster Company

I have been wanting to try Broad Street Oyster for months and I am so glad I finally did! Their drive through is currently under renovation, so I was driving around in circles looking for it, before I finally parked and walked towards the sign and saw the line (the drive through will reopen in about 2 weeks). My intent was to drive through and drive home, but since I had to go wait in line, I opted to at least taste some of the food while it was hot in the car!

Their fish and chips for $19 was so light, tender, crisp, and well seasoned, that I could have eaten two of these! It comes with packaged malt vinegar and homemade tartar sauce, but I opted for extra lemon.

Their fried calamari steak for $12 with spicy marinara sauce was a hearty portion that was so tender and balanced with crunch, tangy tomato spice, and perfectly cooked calamari, that this could easily be a meal instead of an appetizer.
I got two side orders of cole slaw for $4 and could have easily eaten 2 more!
I came for the lobster roll for $22 and was absolutely astounded by the amount and quality of the lobster meat! I've eaten several versions in Los Angeles and NONE top this for the price/quality/quantity ratio! The side of Old Bay homemade potato chips is addictive, and you will want extra lemon and napkins for the messy process of devouring this roll! 
There are several outdoor picnic tables, but since no one can eat with a mask on, and I saw several people maskless walking around, I opted for a private car picnic with air conditioning and music :)

No comments:

Post a Comment