Monday, September 7, 2020

Stevie's Creole Cafe

Outside of N'awlins, Stevie's Creole Cafe is my favorite place to go when I crave seafood gumbo, shrimp etoufée, or jambalaya. Crazy Creole Cafe in Long Beach was wonderful until they closed, but thankfully they are now in a new location that I am eager to try. Stevie's is my OG creole spot; I used to drive to the San Fernando Valley to get my fix, but so much better to just drive down Pico now!

Their jambalaya is loaded with andouille and smoked chicken for $22 and enough to feed 2 :) 

The depth of flavor in the seafood gumbo with crab, shrimp, chicken, and sausage is not only addictive, but also astounding. Get the large for $24 and savor the complexity of the roux the next day as you confirm that you did not dream about this....
The greens for $5, were perfectly done and with a splash of Louisiana hot sauce, will round out your meal.
If you want something already spicy, get the red pepper cabbage for $5.
I've eaten the short ribs, chicken and waffles, and shrimp etoufée here when they were in the Valley and I loved everything, so whether you want some creole or soul food, Stevie has you covered. Their online ordering is in place for Covid 19, but they are a bit disorganized at the pick up, so be patient, and be kind because their food is worth the wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment