Monday, April 26, 2021

Ela Greek Curbside

Ela Greek Eats is one of the places I have not patronized since the pandemic hit, so I made it a point to get some curbside food and check in on how they were doing. I was relieved to find they are busy with several people waiting, picking up, or ordering at 1pm during a weekday. Everyone behind the counter wore masks, but depending on the clientele, some were not spaced and some were.

I got the falafel bowl with tzatziki and quinoa and salad, that ended up being my favorite of all the items I ordered! The salad was fresh and the falafel were light and crisp.

The spanakopita was very good, with flakey filo and a spinach and feta filling.
The chicken exohiko was drier than the last time I ate it here, with less mushrooms, carrots, and celery, and more chicken, slivered nuts and pesto. The chicken itself was moist, but I preferred the creamier version they served pre pandemic.
The moussaka was redolent with nutmeg and spices, a comfort food if ever there was one, topped with bechamel and potatoes, filled with eggplant and zucchini. This was easily enough for 2 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment