Monday, May 10, 2021

2 Grilled Salads & 2 Great Sandwiches To Go

It's been over 1 year since I've been out to eat, but curbside take out from my favorite places has given me a much needed break from constantly cooking:) Assembling great salads is as time consuming as preparing a mise en place for Chinese stir fry; the preparation takes 5 times longer than the actual assembly. 

Two of my favorite salads are the grilled chopped salad for $17 from Lunetta and the grilled mushroom salad for $15 from Metro Cafe. Both use quality fresh vegetables and each dressing perfectly compliments the mix, from the vinaigrette for the chopped salad to the balsamic for the mushroom salad.


Clark Street Bakery was already sold out of all their marvelous sourdough by the time I got there, so I opted for the roasted turkey pesto with aged provolone, arugula, and avocado for $15
and their Italian tuna with mozzarella, heirloom tomato, arugula, and pickled jalapenos for $13.
Taking a needed break to from cooking was well worth the change of pace. It also gave me a taste for an eventual return to dining out as Covid 19 cases drop with vaccinations rising in California. I'm salivating at the thought of seeing my servers again in all my favorite dining spots.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment