Monday, May 17, 2021

First Meal at Restaurant since Covid 19 @ Kagura

Now that I am fully vaccinated (2 weeks after my second Moderna shot), I finally ventured out for my first meal since February of 2020 at Kagura in El Segundo. I felt a bit like an invalid who had been bedridden for over a year, being a bit wobbly as I tentatively took my first steps back into familiar territory. 

I found the Covid 19 protocols are in place with hand sanitizer, face masks, and separated dining areas. I was willing to order to go if there was any problem, but I was relieved to find everything was strictly health conscious. I chose Kagura as my first post vaccination restaurant because of their very private separate booth areas and the security that provided even pre Covid 19. Some thing are different now with drink menus posted and separate mini single servings of soy sauce and hot sauce rather than multi use larger tableside ceramics or glass containers.

The service was lovely as usual with the same servers they had preCovid, all wearing the same kind and professional demeanor with excellent service. From serving tea, salad and miso soup to delivering the main gozen lunches of sushi and miso black cod. It was wonderful to go out to eat with a fellow food lover who had also been housebound the past year; it felt as if we were released from prison on the same day to enjoy life as we had known it before our confinement :)













 



No comments:

Post a Comment